Wednesday, December 13, 2017

UNT base coat - testing

Okay, so here's a real review of the UNT base coat.  Mine came super fast (maybe 3 days?) because it wasn't far away.  So I open up the packaging, looks like any other base coat polish inside of a box.  I just apply right to my nail, no prep.  Obviously it's not going to look great because I have ridges.  First try, it pooled a lot and didn't want to dry so I got uneven coat.  I applied a second coat to spread it out better.  Took a good 5 minutes to thoroughly dry.  Of course this can be sped up with air blowing over it.

 Now for the real test.  Would it peel just like the youtube videos show?  Yes.  Now I don't have a wooden cuticle tool, so my next best option is an x-acto knife.  All of the coating pretty much stayed together as it peeled.  Best way I can describe it is it felt like shrink wrap like you might find on a case that has acrylic, or a new appliance.

 Now it was time to try sanding down my nail smooth and trying another coat.  You can see below how it goes on glossy:

 Seems like a smoother nail dries faster, and of course after it's dry it looks shinier:

Time for polish.  I have a hologram glitter polish I bought a little while back.  I don't typically wear it because it doesn't all remove so easy.  Will it peel?

Here it is half off, peeling away just like the videos show:

And finally, a minute later, here's my nail with all of it removed.  Other than the fact that my nail is smooth from sanding, you would never know I had polish on.  This stuff really works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment