Wednesday, August 17, 2016

living out of a box... literally

So I, like perhaps many, have kept my female garments in a cardboard box.. for a LOOOooong time (litereally since before I met my wife).  I'd say I've been crossdressing since about 1995?  Since I was living at home at the time, I kept my stuff in a box in the back of my closet (buried so nobody would be looking through it).  Part of me kept it this way to continue the anonymity I suppose (just in case snoopy guests came by).  I've gotten to the point where I have too many clothes to stuff into a box, at least 3-4 pairs of shoes, plus now I have some decent makeup (which is currently in a ziploc bag and also needs it's own case).  I have a bunch of jewelry (mostly earrings), I have 3-4 wigs (with a 5th on it's way which is a professional drag wig I don't want to just squash into a box and flatten).  In other words, it needs it's place to reside so I can have access to it all, like a normal woman.

Now while we live in a 3 bedroom house, and 2 of those rooms are not occupied, one closet is occupied by books, another by sewing material.  While we could probably clear one out, I just don't have the ambition, plus I'd still need a way to organize.  So portable closet to the rescue!  They are fairly inexpensive, provide great organization, and most of them have dust covers.  I opted to buy this one:
AMAZON CLOSET

I was going to go with something smaller, but it was only like $8 more to add an extra tier of shelving.  I figure I can keep some shoes on one side, and wigs on the other (I also need to order a few wig stands).  Some shelves can be used for earrings/makeup, skirts.  I can keep tops and dresses in the middle.  Because it's prime, it should get here by Friday.  It'll be so nice for my female side to finally have a space of it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment