Saturday, February 24, 2018

men hate straws

So I was listening to the morning radio this week, and somehow it got on the conversation of straws and how men don't use them.  The female co-host didn't understand.   The male co-host said it was because it looked feminine, and perhaps it looks phalic like a man eating a banana.  I remember as a kid (when I would have to tag along with my dad to bars) how adamant he was about throwing away straws in my cola.  He never really explained it to me, but sort of hinted at it being "fruity" without being very clear.  So I looked it up and found this video that sort of confirms all of the above.  I found it interesting that this is a thing, and that I don't really care what people think of me if I use a straw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6COor7skr4



No comments:

Post a Comment