Wednesday, May 2, 2018

nails nails nails

So I ordered like 4-6 sets of french manicure nails off ebay (slow boat from china).  They will probably be a little flimsy like the last ones I wore, but they look decent for the cheap price they are ($1.50 shipped).

So though I do have lots of other nail sets still (red, deep wine, rainbow), I also have a bag of plain white nails I got a good price on as well.  It was 600 nails for $2.68 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/600pcs-Round-Short-Nail-Salon-Full-Cover-False-French-Manicure-Tips-Fake-Nails/222637113797?epid=2234050250&hash=item33d634c1c5:m:mxuA_gNGG--CN3pjm0dREqQ

I'm guessing because I only use 5 of those sizes, assume that gets cut in half.  Still, 30 sets of nails for that price?  That means each nail set only costs 9 cents, or just under a penny per nail.  Now obviously you wouldn't want to wear them like this, but polish is cheap (and I have some), and it's probably good practice I paint my own nails.  Decided to put the thumb on tonight and try my luck.  I tried to do my own french nail, but when you drag the brush along slowly you get a horrible surface finish because you're dragging paint that has started to dry.  I decided to start over and simply put on about 3 coats of light pink polish over the whole nail, came out pretty decent with some shine

1 comment: