Wednesday, September 18, 2019

the negative side of the transgender community

While we all try to remain positive, there's always that dark side of our world that we're all aware of but don't want to admit or talk about.  There was a post last week on fetlife that really affected me, at the very least never want to attempt to transition.  The post basically says they are done transitioning for good.  All of her online and offline friends have blackmailed and extorted her (including those in the trans community).  Her reputation and career has been sabotaged, and she has been raped 5 times.

Now granted, we have no idea what the backstory is, it's just a rambling post.  However if you follow trans social media and news, you know that being trans is an uphill battle.  If you do come out, you potentially lose a lot of family and friends that don't support your life choice.  The same goes for employers.  While many states have protection, many don't and can literally fire people for being trans.

My trans life is very secretive.  Other than this blog and my fetlife account (which does have photos of me dressed up), the only person that really knows about my lifestyle is my wife.  And we wonder why some of us stay in the closet?  It's that horrendous fear that someone in our circle will find out about us and not be on board with supporting our lifestyle.  This could be as tame as simply ignoring the elephant in the room, to full on sabotage of wanting to out us and ruin our lives.  You hear about people only dressing up when they travel and I can see why.  The odds of you running into someone you know is about .001%.  Dressing up in your own area the odds are pretty good.  I blogged about this before.. I decided to wear nails and go grocery shopping, and damned if I didn't see a co-worker shopping there.  Murphy's law isn't just a saying.. if things can go wrong, it will go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment