Wednesday, June 17, 2015

transgender is in?

So it seems like ever since Bruce Jenner came out, and recently changed his name to Caitlyn (I still need to buy a copy of vanity fair), there's been a lot of my friends on facebook posting positive LGBT links on facebook.  I just saw recently that a bunch of people are sharing that story about Laverne Cox from "orange is the new black" confronting a 7-year old transgender girl saying that transgender is beautiful.  I also hate her because she's been quoted as saying "I'm not going to get feminization surgery like Jenner".  Bitch, have you looked into a mirror lately?  I don't think you need it like some people do. 

All this positive light on this topic makes me happy, but at the same time filled with anxiety.  I thumb posts like that up, but then I'm like "Oh you support that, wouldn't you like to know I am one".  But I know that I can't, at least not publicly.  It's not something I'm comfortable with revealing (and facebook is pretty much the front page newspaper for your inner circle).  I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable telling anyone besides my wife (my parents and friends still don't know about my secret lifestyle).

No comments:

Post a Comment