Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Unreal engine - metahuman

 Some of you may have seen some demos of this.  Basically unreal has created an engine that allows you to create a realistic avatar.  One bonus they've added to this software is the ability to link an iphone to it for face tracking.  Now since this is wireless, there's obviously some lag (I'm hoping they eventually add support for some sort of hardwired camera that helps reduce this).  Perhaps the lag isn't in the camera but the processing of tracking to realtime 3d animation?  Anyway, I came across this demo and now I want to play with it so badly.  I mean if I had this realistic avatar moving around like a mirror reflection I would love it.  The fact that you can import a pre-made avatar and make tweaks (sort of molding your own custom female body) is even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment