Tuesday, April 24, 2018

ordered a breast plate, it's already here!

I've been wanting one ever since I saw early episodes of drag race.  I remember looking them up and seeing $500 price tags (which you will still see today on many websites).  Well thanks to places like ebay they eliminate the middle man (and middle woman).  I looked around for a while, and finally decided to not risk paying $130 to China in case I didn't like it, didn't fit, etc.  I paid $160 to someone in Kentucky and it just came today.

So first off, the package was slightly damaged (my UPS warehouse SUCKS!  They are constantly ruining packages and no amount of complaining ever seems to make an impact).  It wasn't damaged per say, but there was a little bit of dirt at the very bottom that I was able to mostly get rid of.  So I took it out of the box, and tried it on.  At first I just hooked the loops straight over each shoulder because I wasn't sure it would stretch across my back to the opposite side.  I quickly realized while this probably fit better, it ended up sliding because there was no side tension.  So then I went to criss-crossing, and it was a constant struggle to keep the velcro fastened.  Silicone is very stretchy, but even it has it's limit.  So I think my next step is to modify it by replacing the crappy hook and loop velcro with the dual locking kind (plastic mushrooms on both sides).  It holds way tighter, you often see people use them to hold radar detectors and toll passes in cars.  With a stronger hold, plus perhaps cutting the strip long to extend the straps a little I think it will fit much better.  So here's what my chest looks like:
Now obviously there is a visible line where the silicone ends, and my real skin starts.  I was hoping this top would align just right but it's a little low (perhaps I could convince someone to use this as a pattern and make a new one?).  That or I have to basically wear a very wide necklace to hide it.  Now as far as it feels, it feels wonderful!  I would compare it to the first time I put on a dress, it's a completely new female feeling.  The weight hanging down, the boobs pushing my shirt away from my chest, seeing that cleavage view when I look down, feeling the bounceback when I walk up stairs or jump.  It's the feeling I've missed out all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment