Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Women not in heels

This topic seems to be a looping topic amongst crossdressers.  I did not live in the era of women dressing proper, any more than when all men wore suits and derby hats 95% of the time (unless they were working on a dirty job, and even then they would probably still have a suit but have their sleeves rolled up).  I was born in the mid 70's, so the most exposure I got to heels was seeing my mom's low cut 2-3" clunky heels in her closet she rarely wore.  I'm assuming she did regularly at one time, but didn't get rid of them because she might wear them on a special occasion.

Not really sure why I decided to suddenly start tracking this, but I did.  I know that when I'm traveling and I'm walking through an airport I notice heels IMMEDIATELY.  Why?  Because it's a rarity (an airport which is the last place I'd expect someone to wear heels seeing how much walking you do).  And when you do see a pair of heels, they aren't usually clunky or less than 3".  They are typically sharp stilletto and 5", or some style that just screams "look at me", "I have great legs", or "I'm a street walker but even prostitutes sometimes take a vacation".  This is not a dig at women that wear heels, this is more a reflection of what our society has become.  Seriously start looking at women's feet in a typical setting.  At work, at the store, at the coffee house.  Unless they are in a high end career like a lawyer or doctor and on their way to work, I guarantee they will be wearing either sneakers, ugg boots, crocs, or low flats.  Can I blame them for wanting to be comfortable?  Not really, but I'd say 95% of women probably only wear heels to church, funerals or weddings (and even then it's debatable).

Why do I even bring this up?  Well, because crossdressers like heels.  If they are more feminine than the women they are impersonating, they are no longer impersonators but more of an omage to what they think women should look like.  This does not bode well for blending in.  So if I'm trying to blend, surely I should just buy what they buy right?  Well not to beat a dead horse, but I don't really have that option.  I have size 14-15 mens shoe size, which means 16-17 women's shoes.  They do not make women's crocs or sneakers in that size.  Flats I "might" be able to find but not likely.  No my choice is typically 3-5" heels, 90% made by the same company (Pleaser).  I love them, but they aren't something I'd venture out into the world in.

No comments:

Post a Comment